Indians and shitting on the streets
Few days ago, there is a conference in Singapore discussing about shitting on the streets. Before going into the findings published in the conference, it is worth look at the above CNN news clips first.
According to the above CNN clips, a lot Indians rather have mobile phones and satellite TV, than getting themselves a toilet. Most Indians, even those that living in the bigger cities shit in the streets. India is a country whereby it is easiest for someone to have a view of woman vagina so long they take a walk outdoor. Is this one of the factor of high rape case in India?
In India, just 2% of 162 out of 7035 town have proper sewage treatment. The remaining 98% of Indian's shit is being dangerously disposed. That is to say, India's rivers and aquifers are inevitably polluted by shit. Indians are drinking these polluted pooh water on daily basis.
Latest UN figures on shit of India
UN has done their research on Indian shitting on the streets. The conclusion is most Indians still shit on the streets. The below are their findings.
About 638 million people in India, or more than half of those residing in the second-most populous nation on Earth, defecate in the open.
Toilets are out of reach for 53 percent of India’s 1.2 billion residents left with little choice but to go outdoors the figure for those lacking a toilet in India is an improvement from 63.6 percent in 2001.
While more than half of India’s people go to the toilet outdoors, in Bangladesh and Brazil only 7 percent do. That figure is 4 percent in China, Unicef data shows.
Shitting on streets is Indians choice of lifestyle. Islam civilization is far superior than Hindus
Indians like to shit on streets -- no doubt. They would rather spend monies on Iphones that get themselves a toilet.
Bangladesh people are Islamized Indians. The diagram below shows urbanization rate of nations [source]. India is 30% urbanize and twice as rich as Bangladesh. Besides Bangladesh is just 28% urbanize. Yet in Bangladesh only 7% people shit on streets as compared to 53% of Indians. In 2001, an appalling 63.6% of Indians shit on the streets.
Analyzing Indians' mind through shitting culture
It make no sense that a backward Islamic country like Bangladesh has better defecating culture than India. Other than that, the Arab states never mind how poor will be reluctant to let their women expose themselves in public. And while there is sanitation issues in Africa due to poverty, India rank number one in shitting on the streets even though she is way more prosperous than many African states. How can someone do not have a toilet while having all the Iphones and satellite TV?
The only explanation is Indian prefer to shit on the streets. I will try to further illustrate using economics principle of externality. A manufacturing plant often let go their waste to the surrounding causing water or air pollution. The company pay nothing for such pollution. However the society on the whole foot the bill when the ill effects of pollution show up. The cost imposed on society is given the name of externality.
Indian pee and shit in public for reason being, there is no ROI aka return of investment if they build toilet. The cost of shitting is externalize. So why spend monies for hygiene? On the other hand, Iphones and satellite TV have value of utilities. A toilet has no value, given that one can shit in the streets FOC, free of charge.
Besides Indian culture may have higher tolerance for nude compare to others. The Muslim and traditional Chinese culture are very prude. Public exposure is a big shame and everyone are expected to cover up properly.
Lastly, Indian culture could have a high tolerance for filth. Certain cultures that stress cleanliness have clean toilet. Examples are Japan and Islam. Other than shitting on streets, dead body disposal also shown Indians have high tolerance for filth. You can always see corpse on Ganges.